The new age has brought about several changes in our lifestyle and the disease sector. These diseases keep evolving day by day into more life-threatening disorders. Such is the case of bad oral hygiene; it may lead to acute gum disease or periodontitis, as said in dentistry. This may be caused by gingivitis, bad oral health, sleep apnea, inflammation of the gums, change in the hormones, or it is just in the genes. If not treated at the right time, it can lead to severe bad oral hygiene and health.
Symptoms and indications leading to gum diseases
This kind of disease begins with minimum and painless effects, but they are very evident; these symptoms are:-
- Change in taste:- a change in taste is a sign of an infection building up
- Bleeding gums:- this is a clear sign that needs to be treated by a dentist immediately. They also include indications such as irritation during brushing and flossing
- Bad breath:- it leads to the build-up of bacteria, which eventually causesterrible breath.
- Receding gums:- as the infection takes hold in the mouth, the gums start receding
- Loose teeth: It results from receding gums and leads to falling out of teeth.
- Tender gums are caused by inflammation around the gums, making them more sensitive.
What is LANAP, and what are its benefits?
Laser-assisted new attachment procedure (LANAP) is the present-day treatment for periodontitis. This procedure is straightforward and effective in its way. There’s no need to use a surgical knife or sutures to be made during this process. It’s a laser-based surgery. The laser here removes the dead gums and tissue without causing any pain or bleeding.
How long does it take for Laser Gum Surgery Recovery?
The surgical procedure of LANAP might take up to an hour, and it causes minimal pain; there’s no requirement for sutures or stitches to be used. The time is taken for this process, and the pain caused depends on the disease’s extent. Laser Gum Surgery Recovery takes around 24-48 hours to heal. The LANAP surgery is, in fact, the most feasible and time-saving and causes minimal pain, tenderness, and soreness compared to other surgeries such as the traditional gum surgery. To know more, feel free to look over the web and gather more info on- Laser Gum Surgery Recovery.